Sunday, November 22, 2009

Recipe: Cranberry Sauce




Cranberry Sauce
2 - 12 oz bags fresh or frozen cranberries  (about 4.5-5 cups)
2 Tbsp stevia powder (more or less to taste to equal 1 c sugar)
1-1/2 cups water
 Mix all ingredients in a 4 quart saucepan on the stove. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until all sweetener is dissolved. Bring to a boil and cook until skins burst, about 5 minutes. Serve warm or refrigerate.
Makes 14, approx. 1/4 cup (60g) servings.

S/C: 2/1 by itself
Nutritional information for 1 serving: Calories: 30, Carbohydrates: 6 g, Fiber: 2 g, Sugar: 2 g, Protein: 0g, Fat: 0 g 


I like my sauce with a little more kick to it so I added:
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground ginger


Nutritional information remains the same but I think the flavor is much more festive!


Holiday Round Table
My fellow Belly Fat Cure bloggers are also writing about recipes to get you through the Holidays too! Stop by their sites for even more ideas:
Maura at 12 Weeks to a Better Me
Amber at Me and Jorge
Candice at Cooking to Lose that Belly
Ryan at Ryans Incredible World

2 comments:

  1. This looks good. I am going to make an after Thanksgiving recipe that uses Cranberry sauce, so I will tell people to check out your site for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it is soooo easy, even better. I am going to make this tomorrow to take to a pre-Thanksgiving dinner on Tues, I'll come back and report on it again.

    ReplyDelete