Saturday, December 5, 2009

Product: Almond Meal/Flour






I recently went shopping for almond meal/flour for my low carb cranberry nut bread recipe (which I still haven't made yet) and came home with Bob's Red Mill Almond Meal from my local health food store. It was a whopping $11.99 a pound! Today I was shopping in Trader Joe's (good old TJ!) and came across their brand, Trader Joe's Just Almond Meal. At $3.99 a pound, I think I know what I will be buying when a recipe calls for almond flour. The nutrition info is just about the same on both brands and the S/C value is 1/1 per 1/4 cup serving. After testing both almond meals on the same recipe, I think I prefer the lower priced Trader Joe's. It's a bit darker in color and not ground quite as fine, but in the cranberry bread recipe I tested, the Trader Joe loaf seemed to hold together better.

No comments:

Post a Comment