Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Product: Brownberry Carb Counting Multigrain Bread


I was in my local Sam's Club today and stumbled upon this low carb bread. If you are doing Jorge Cruise's Belly Fat Cure, you can have 2 slices of this for less than 20 g of carbs and 6 g of fiber. That means sandwiches with both sides instead of open face! For complete nutrition information click here. Now, I did notice that even though it's rated at 0 g sugar and has no high fructose corn syrup, it does have sucralose listed as the very last ingredient. I had a piece with my oatmeal for breakfast and it's certainly not my favorite. I think it lacks texture, even with all of the fiber. I would prefer it have some crunchy bits as one of my favorite breads, Arnold Bakery Natural Wheat bread. Of course it is loaded with carbs compared to this bread. The Natural Wheat is still doable with BFC. I'll review it separately. To check to see if Carb Counting bread is available near you, click on the title link above which will take you to the Brownberry web page where you can enter your zip code to check. Bottom line, I think I'd rather have one slice of the Natural Wheat than 2 slices of the Carb Counting. I will, however, use this to make sandwiches where it helps to have 2 pieces to hold stuff together.

Pros: low carb, high fiber
Cons: minute amount of sucralose
Cost: $5.66 for 2 loaves @ Sam's Club
S/C: 0/1 (for 1 or 2 slices)

No comments:

Post a Comment