Friday, November 13, 2009

Product: KETOslim® Vanilla Shake with Critical Keto-Nutrients

I spent a couple hours over at my local health food store the other day reading labels on all of the (seemingly 1000's) of protein products. Many were anything but healthy sounding after reading the fine print. I came home with several single serving sizes, mostly in vanilla flavor. I will review each of them as I try them. I have one of the imitation bullet blenders and mixed the KETOslim with crushed ice and water to make 8 oz. It came out a bit too frozen to drink so I added another 3-4 oz. of water to liquify it a bit more. It still had plenty of flavor and seems to be chocked full of all kinds of good things, including probiotics. Be sure to check out the nutrition info at the link noted in the title above. I'd definitely drink this again and might even try adding cocoa powder to it.

Pros: good flavor, not gritty
Cons: contains FOS (please read comment)
Cost: $1.89 (single serving envelope)
S/C: 0/0

1 comment:

  1. After I posted this review, I went back and started looking at some of the ingredients, FOS (Fructooligosaccharides) specifically. I came upon an article that does not recommend using them. Check it out at http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/knowledge_base/kb/fos_fructooligosaccharides.htm
    It sounds like the jury is still out but just beware that there is some discussion about whether they are good or not. I would suggest doing your own research to decide if certain ingredients are good for you or not. It seems to me that it is impossible to find products that have only "good" ingredients, though, and that one could go crazy trying to eliminate all "bad" stuff.

    ReplyDelete