Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Product: Rainbow Light Protein Energizer - Chocolate



I bought this protein powder because it had no added sugar and it was one of the few that also had high fiber, 7 g per serving. Unfortunately, the fiber comes with carbs, 8 g per serving in this case. And even though it has no added sugar, all of the other ingredients bring the sugar rating to 1.3 g per serving. But if you are aware of the carbs and sugar you may be able to fit it in within the allowed servings to add the necessary fiber to your diet. Complete nutrition info can be found by clicking on the title above. I made this as usual in my "bullet" blender with a little crushed ice and water to make 8 oz. I also added 2 tsp of Benefiber to add even more fiber so the final carb count for MY drink was 12 and the fiber count was 10. The texture was a bit of a pleasant surprise, it came out more like pudding so could be used as a sugar free mousse type dessert with a spoonful of whip cream on top.

Pros: high fiber, lots of  "green" food ingredients
Cons: carbs, sugar
Cost: $11.99 for a 1 lb pkg (about $.80 a serving)
S/C: 1/1

5 comments:

  1. You are def. the queen of the protein shakes! I dont LOVE the Jay Robb but its super low S/C and free of artificial sweeteners. What is the best tasting vanilla that meets those guidelines, in your opinion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Keto-Slim Vanilla shake that was my first review on this blog. But please be sure to review the comment I added to it. Upon further investigation of the ingredients, there may be some question about some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read from someone on Jorge's site that Benesure has 0 carbs, so that brand is a possibility. Also, what store did you find this Rainbow brand?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Opps! Loooking back at my notes, it was named Fibersure with 0 carbs and 0 sugars!! I just wanted to clear this up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous, I live in Dayton OH and we have a great health food store where I find myself shopping more and more these days. I found this there. Check out their web site:
    http://www.healthfoodsunlimited.com/

    ReplyDelete