Thursday, November 19, 2009

Product: Brownberry/Arnold Natural Wheat Bread


This has been one of my favorite breads for years. It has both great nutty flavor and texture with lots of crunchy bits. It makes great toast and is also great for grilled sandwiches (think grilled cheese). I think it is marketed under different names (Arnold vs Brownberry) in different parts of the country and I also am finding differences in the nutrition information on the actual Arnold Bakery website and the label on the bag I have in my freezer. The web site says the bread is rated at 3 g fiber per slice and the label on my bag says 2 g. I also found complete nutrition info at the Livestrong site which states 20 g carb, 4 g sugar. The label on my bag states 18 g carb and only 2 g sugar. So, read your labels! But it is still a favorite that I usually stock up on when I can find it on sale.

Pros: great flavor and texture
Cons: some sugar, high cost
Cost: $3.99 for 1.5 lb loaf
S/C: 2/1

No comments:

Post a Comment