Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Product: Vivagave Inulin


This is an organic soluble fiber product that can be added to food to increase your fiber. It comes in both plain and vanilla flavors. It also has prebiotic qualities and is low glycemic. Inulin also increases calcium and magnesium absorption. I added it to my oatmeal recipe, which should appear here soon. It is rated at 10 g carbs per Tbsp serving but when added to my oatmeal recipe it combines with the oatmeal to make each oatmeal serving a S/C of 0/2. A news release dated 2 Nov 2009 on the web says it is available nationwide at Whole Foods. We don't have a Whole Foods in Dayton, I got mine at Health Foods Unlimited, a great health foods grocery here. If you live nearby or are traveling through, it's worth a stop. I have gotten almost everything Jorge has referenced there.

Pros: high fiber, low glycemic, prebiotic
Cons: Carbs!
Cost: $10.19 for 7 oz. bag
S/C: 0/1


No comments:

Post a Comment